Jelly Pong Pong

10:50:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Liquid highlighter/ illuminators are kinda scary, haha.
There is definitely a way to use them & make them work, which I will admit I'm still working on!
There are some that are quite easy to use, like Benefit's High Beam. However usually I stay away from drugstore branded ones.

I did receive this one in a Glossybox some time ago & have only just got round to testing it out.
The company that make this product are called Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics, which I believe is a European brand.

This product is actually described as an 'All Over Glow' luminizer gel.

Now this product isn't something I am drawn to, as I don't usually like all over illuminators. I have combo/ oily skin so I find they tend to make me look a bit more oily than glowing. Another thing that makes them a bit awkward to use is that a lot of illuminators are too golden in tone for my pale face!

This illuminator is actually quite pink in tone, which works better for me. I'll agree I still haven't tested this all over my face, I just can't do it (haha, sorry). I have however tested it on the high points of my face when highlighting.
I actually really like using liquid highlighters like this as it makes your highlighter pop even more.


So although this is described as a gel I would still say it's more liquid than gel. It does come out quite thin and a little goes a very long way. This does make me think it's better suited for an all over glow, because otherwise there is going to be a lot of waste product with this.

Also in the swatch above it looks quite sheer, but that is really down to how much you use, as it very build able (if you want that from a liquid highlighter??).

I actually quite like this for highlighting as it a very smooth and don't have any chunks of glitter in it! In fact in natural light it almost looks like a foil effect it's that smooth & highlighting.

I would actually go as far as to say it's a dupe for Benefit's High Beam. At just under £10 direct from their website it is definitely better value for money!

Some other plus points are that it is oil free, which makes it better as base make up & it is also cruelty free!

Love Eve xx




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: