Kate's Nudes

10:48:00 Unknown 3 Comments

New product launch!
Rimmel have just launched a new nude lipstick range under their Kate Moss lipstick line.

There are five shades in the range & they have also released a range of nude nail polishes along side these.

I imagine the aim of this line is to compete with Maybelline's nude lipstick collection, however I've never seen them available in the UK.

I picked up two shades from the range which I felt were the best for my skin tone. The shades I got were 42 & 45.

My general thought on the range is that it's a bit pale. I feel like there isn't much choice for women of colour. I've very pale and even I couldn't wear some of the lightest shades in this range without result being 'concealer lips'. Which is not a look I like!


With regards to the formulation of these lipsticks, they're a creamy slightly glossy finish. I think a similar range with a matte formulation would be a great next step for Rimmel!
They are very comfortable lipsticks to wear as well, which I like.


Above are some swatches of the two shades I got, 42 is on the left & 45 on the right. 
Granted, to some these shades look very similar but each is slightly different & will suit certain skin tones better than others.

My personal favourite is 45, I feel like the slight pink tone suits my skin tone & hair better.

At only £5.49, I definitely think they're worth checking out.

Hopefully you can find one that's your perfect nude!
I'm actually hoping they expand the collection from only five lipstick as more shades are definitely needed.

Love Eve xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Both the shades look good but 45 would be my pick too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely the best in the range!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for these to be available in Italy!

    Carol in a
    https://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete