MUA Luxe Liquid Lip

09:04:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Liquid lipsticks are still a hot topic in the beauty community, and I'm just starting to get into it myself. I already own a few liquid lipsticks, however I haven't been completely satisfied with them.
I also am a bit reluctant to splash my cash on them because of this.

So I wanted to try so more drugstore ones. These ones I've had my eye on for a while, as they have some really cool & interesting shades (as you can see). These are MUA - Make Up Academy's Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers.
I did only pick up a few shades, which are Potent (right above) & Unity (left above).

Firstly, value of money. These are more than worth the spend. At only £3 per lip lacquer you could easily buy the whole collection for the price of some other liquid lipsticks. These definitely fall right into the 'dupe' section!
Another thing about these is the packaging. For the price I really think they've done an amazing job of making them look more expensive. The frosted glass style packaging makes them look so much more high end. They're definitely cute enough to display on your vanity.

So onto the formulation! I would have to say I quite like it! It dries down quickly, but not so quick that you can't correct any mistakes. It also is very comfortable to wear, which is the problem with most liquid lips I've tried. I will say after about 6/7 hours of wear they begin to back up a bit & flake. However chances are I won't be wearing them that long generally.
Above is a swatch of both colours. As you can see the left is a little patchy, which these can be, however they are very buildable. I would recommend doing at least two coats just to be sure & to get the best wear time.

Also is it me, or does Unity (left) look a little like Cashmere by Lime Crime... just saying!

Love Eve xx





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: