Admitting you have Anxiety!

10:17:00 Unknown 0 Comments

I've always told myself that I don't have anxiety & am fine. However it wasn't until recently that I started reading into what anxiety actually is!

It's actually a really complicated mental illness (yes that taboo word)! There's a variety of symptoms involved & anxiety can be linked to other illnesses such as OCD.

I think everyone has some anxiety to some degree or has a trigger which can make them feel anxious. However some people can cope with this better than others & can keep it at a healthy level.

I recently have not been able to do this!
Throughout school I had always struggled with presentations, becoming visibly shakey & sweaty. Since leaving school I haven't really found this anxiety to be an issue as my job doesn't require me to do that sort of thing.

However if a confrontational situation is ahead of me these symptoms come raging back, as well as an extremely raised heart rate. As someone who is self-employed the book stops at you so if someone's not happy you can find yourself in very hostile situations. I obviously try to avoid these by doing my upmost to delivery the best service I can!
Sadly though you can't please everyone!

Onto the other things that have led me to my GP to discuss anxiety, are the stresses I'm currently dealing with regarding my health. I am sure this is the reason that my anxiety level has spiralled out of control!
I'm constantly ill, struggling with an unknown allergy which never relents! It is at the point now where I'm so fed up with it I could cry at any point (another anxiety symptom is lack of emotional control). As well as this I'm very forgetful, stressed easily over nothing & feel completely underwhelmed by everything. I find this so frustating as I have so much to live for, but my mind just won't let me enjoy it.

If you think your suffering like me I would advise going to see your doctor. I have a really good doctor dealing with my allergy case & now my anxiety. This meant he believed me without question & wanted to help me instantly. If a doctor doesn't take you seriously see another, & if they don't another! It's so important to talk to people about this sort of thing.

I'd been in denial for so long, but now I've admitted it I feel like I can start changing things for the better. 

Love Eve xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: