Cocktails with Flare?!

13:08:00 Unknown 0 Comments

As part of the lifestyle side of this blog I like to review different brands of food/ drink.
I discovered this new cocktail company called Flare Cocktails.

They are a UK based company & their main product base is canned cocktails with a lower alcohol content. So their range currently only consists of three cocktails, which includes a Mojito, Cosmo & On the Beach (Sex on the Beach, basically). The cans are available from your local Nisa stores & retail for only a £1.


Firstly I think the packaging looks really cool & smart! They're definitely something that would catch my eye in supermarket. The price is also really good too!
The product itself contains only 1 unit of alcohol per can, which is great as you can keep a tab of what you're actually drinking.

So onto the important part, the taste!
They sent me one of each flavour, so I'm going to talk you through my thoughts on each of them.

Firstly though I will say that they all taste quite sweet & sugary. This is due to the low alcohol content, so I imagine they've had to try to recreate the taste of these classic cocktails using sweeteners.

So the Mojito, to me tasted more like a Smirnoff Ice. The overall taste is like alco-pops. It does taste quite nice but not very minty, however I'm not a big fan of mint so this works for me! Overall the Mojito is quite light & easy to drink. You can't taste the vodka much at all in these either.

The Cosmo was very sweet, if you like berry based drinks you'll love it. It didn't really taste much like Cosmo to me other than the cranberry taste. The can does say lime juice etc, but I think with the sweetness it gets a little lost in the drink. Again a very drinkable drink though.

On the Beach, now I think this one was actually my favourite. It had a very peachy fruity taste. This also didn't taste quite so sugary to me. I haven't actually had a Sex on the beach before, so I can't really compare it to that. I do know they are a very fruity cocktail, so based on that I would say it probably does taste somewhat like one.

Overall I would say these aren't a 'drinker's drink, but for someone just getting into drinking alcohol & cocktails these are great. Even if you just fancy a lighter drink these are a great option.

Check out my video review here & taste test:


Love Eve xx




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: