The Canon G7X!

19:47:00 Unknown 0 Comments

I wanted this camera for sooooo long, but never thought I'd get the use out of a compact camera.
I was so wrong!

This camera is now part of my everyday essentials & is constantly in my handbag ready to go.
I use this camera for vlogging, blog photos, Instagram photos & just in general if I'm without a DSLR!


The G7X has become THE vlogger camera & I completely see why! With it's flip up touch screen  & Wifi features it is ideal for those documenting their everyday life. 

So onto the camera itself. Firstly it is very sturdy, mine has had a few falls & is still in perfect working condition. They are however a little heavier/ larger than some other compacts cameras, this is due to having the flip up screen feature.
The camera also has a variety of settings/ modes however these can be a little hard to work with due to the touch screen, I personally find the manual mode an absolute pain! That said though if I using manual mode I always using a DSLR. The auto mode is more than sufficient for vlogging & taking basis blog/ Instagram photos though!

For someone looking to start a blog/ vlog or both, I would say this is the camera to invest in.
There is no reason you can't film all of you youtube videos on this camera. It fits onto a tripod, so there really is nothing stopping you!

There are a few things I find annoying about this camera however. The first being that the lens cover is pretty much useless, it lets so much dirt in (not cool Canon)! Another thing would be the auto focusing, it can take forever for it to autofocus from one item to another if you don't touch the screen. I have also had to stop recording, touch the screen to focus then start recording again.

So a mixture of good & not very good points, but overall I would recommend this camera. It's a great little piece of kit, especially if you're just starting out! Also Canon has just released a newer model of this camera, so I imagine the price is only going to keep dropping.

Check out the video review here:


Love Eve xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: