Gluten Free Abroad

15:21:00 Unknown 0 Comments

I have been gluten free for quite a while now & this has included some holidays.

I've only been away in Europe over this period, so I'd like you to keep that in mind.
I have heard that certain countries like Australia are amazing at catering for the gluten free population!

So I wanted to talk to you a little about how to go about gluten free abroad & potential issues.


I was actually pleasantly surprised when I went to the supermarkets! I thought they'd have nothing gluten free, however I was wrong. They actually have a reasonable selection, especially if you're only on holiday for a week or two. They have the basics such as cereal, biscuits etc.
The products taste pretty much the same as they do here in the UK.



So firstly, I'd advise going 'self-catering' as this way you can go to shops to find gluten free items & check any necessary packaging. I would also advise looking online for any registered gluten free restaurants around, so you know where you're safe.
Another key thing is learn or write down your requires if you're in a country that doesn't necessary speak English. Language barriers can be hard at the best of times!

Overall, don't ever let your dietary requirements stop you going on holiday or travelling!
It's possible, it just sometimes involves a little more pre-holiday prep.

Love Eve xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: