Smokey Palette

20:23:00 Unknown 0 Comments

I am a big fan of Urban Decay Naked palettes, already owning three of them.
So when I first heard about the Smokey palette I knew I had to have it in my collection!

I have to say I really like the packaging, the smoked effect looks really cool. The packaging is all plastic though, so I'm not sure how it would fair if it was dropped (god forbid). The magnetic closure is a new feature, which I think was much needed when you pay £37 for these palettes.

So inside the palette you get a brush, as always. This has the be the best brush out of any of my Naked palettes though. It's double ended, one end being a small crease brush & the other being a tapered blending brush (hallelujah). The brush is a little stiff at the moment, but with use I think it'll soften. I actually really like this brush and will probably use it a lot!

The shadows in the palette are a mix of mattes & shimmers, as well as very varied mix of colour tones.


After initially swatching this palette I thought some of the shades were lack some pigment. However after working with the palette I am really starting to like it. Some of the light matte shades are really only base colours, as they don't show up too much. I also feel like the cooler blue toned shades are a little less pigmented on the eyes than the warmer shades. I don't know why that is.
I'm probably going to get more use out of the warmers colours anyway, but that's not the point.

Overall I like the palette, however I don't think it's my favourite of the Naked palettes I own. My favourite is still Naked 2 currently!

Check out the video review here:


Love Eve xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: