Horsey Holy Grail - Coconut Oil

09:55:00 Unknown 0 Comments

 With everything I do, I like to tie in all of my interests.
If you guys didn't know, I have a horse & having been horse riding for many years.

This also seems to be a topic I haven't seen many blogs cover!

So onto the product I want to talk about...
Coconut oil!


Coconut oil is a holy grail in general for a lot of people, I don't use it much for myself. My horse however...

My horse has very pink skin (he's an Appaloosa colour, so it's a mixture of black & pink) and this means the minute the ground dries out he gets scabby skin. Specifically on his fetlocks, which is not ideal. What can make this worse is if the horse over reaches too, which my horse does sometimes.

I didn't really know what to use on them, as a lot of products we've used in the past haven't worked that well. Some of the products we have been recommended & used in the past have also had a lot of strong chemicals in them, which I don't like the idea of much.
So I decided to go all natural & try coconut oil!

It is amazing stuff!
It's completely got rid of any scabs on his first fetlocks & reduced them significantly on his back fetlocks. We still apply it daily to keep the fetlocks moist & prevent new scabs forming, but it seems to be working at keeping them at bay.


He also has been suffering with some mild sweet itch and the coconut oil has eased that too!
He's pretty much stopped scratching both his tail & mane.

Love Eve xx



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: