Gluten Free Snacks

12:28:00 Unknown 0 Comments

As someone who has to be gluten free it can be hard to snack, as most things you'd consider a normal 'snack' has gluten in it!
So I've had to find different thing to snack on throughout the day. With this diet I feel like I snack more as gluten free foods aren't as filling as normal foods, so it's important to pick snacks wisely.


I try to have bigger meals so that I stay fuller for longer, however sometimes I do find myself looking in the cupboards for a quick snack. So here's some of my favourite things to have when I'm feeling a bit peckish between meals:

1. Fruit
I try to get some of my five a day in when it comes to snacks, so picking up a piece of fruit is ideal. My favourite fruit to have are raspberries or strawberries, followed by bananas.

2. Corn Thins
Very similar to rice cracks/ thins apart from my nutritionist said I can't have rice, so I have to have the corn version instead. These do seem a little boring but you can put things on them like spreads or smoked salmon etc.

3. Kale Chips
These seem to be the 'it' thing at the moment, however for me they're just an alternative to crisps (chips if you're American). Most crisps contain gluten, but I sometimes miss the crunchy texture as a snack. This is where kale chips come in. Kale also has great health benefits.

4. Cupcakes
Now you're probably all thinking, doesn't that completely contradict the above items. Well I say we all deserve a treat or 'cheat' snack every now & again. This is my favourite thing to have, a cupcake. I recently found a local bakery that produce & buying in loads of gluten free items & these cupcakes are one of them. Honestly you wouldn't even know they're gluten free! They taste AMAZING!

Let me know your favourite gluten free snacks below, so I can try them too!

Check out the vide for some extra snacks!


Love Eve xx



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments: